Responsible Gambling is our Commitment
Casino Nova Scotia provides an entertainment experience to guests in a manner that encourages responsible gambling. As a socially responsible corporate citizen, Casino Nova Scotia is deeply committed to supporting a number of Responsible Gaming initiatives.
We are committed to:
- Educating our employees about Responsible Gambling vs. Problem Gambling and providing them with the resources to help patrons in distress
- Providing information and assistance to our guests through Responsible Gaming literature and numerous Responsible Gaming programs
- Participating in industry-wide programs and initiatives to increase awareness nationally and in the community at large
- Supporting and participating in the annual NSGC Responsible Gaming Conference and Awareness Week
- Hosting Responsible Gambling Resource Centers which are located on-site at Casino Nova Scotia in Halifax and Sydney near the main lobbies. The Centers are managed by staff trained in addictions and crisis management from Shepell FGI. To find out more about the Centers visit http://gamingns.ca/
Since opening, Casino Nova Scotia has contributed $1 million annually to Nova Scotia Department of Health to encourage responsible gambling awareness. Proportionally, this is the largest contribution to responsible gambling made by a Canadian casino. A portion of the fund has been used to set up and operate the Province problem gambling help line.
If you would like to find out more about Responsible Gaming initiatives in Nova Scotia, check-out some of the Related Links:
Please note that the Nova Scotia Department of Health Promotion and Protection Problem Gambling Help Line is available 24hrs a day for all those who are in any way impacted by problem gambling. The Help Line number is 1-888-347-8888.