What is Proud of Our People, Our Business, Our Community?
At Casino Nova Scotia Halifax, we recognize that our volunteer efforts and presence in the community is as integral to our business as the operation itself. As a member of the Great Canadian family, Casino Nova Scotia Halifax is humbled by the opportunity be an active community partner in Halifax and the region.
PROUD of our people, our business, and our community is Casino Nova Scotia Halifax’s brand that represents our community, volunteering and social responsibility efforts. Simply put, we are PROUD of the positive difference that Casino Nova Scotia Halifax can make by supporting local organizations either through time, resources or talent.
PROUD of our people
Our PROUD employee volunteer program allows us as an organization to recognize, encourage and most importantly reward the efforts of our colleagues who volunteer and support their communities. It is because of their charitable endeavours and desire to help their community that we are able to achieve our goal which is to positively impact the various needs, causes and projects that matter the most in our communities.
PROUD of our business
Every year, Great Canadian invests over $2 million in communities across the country. Casino Nova Scotia Halifax’s PROUD community activities, countless volunteer hours and hundreds of events and fundraisers support this contribution and directly impacts local groups and those that they help.
PROUD of our community
Here is just a short list of some of the charitable organizations and projects Casino Nova Scotia Halifax has recently supported:
- Parker Street Food & Furniture Bank
- Music Nova Scotia
- Heart and Stroke Foundation – Zumba 4 Heart
- Chinese Benevolent Society of Nova Scotia
- Cedar Festival
- Theatre Nova Scotia – Merritt Awards
- Seaside FM Radiothon
- Motionball for Special Olympics – Motionball Gala
- Savour Food & Wine Festival
- Greek Fest
- Nova Scotia Lung Association – Lung Run
- Persian Society of Halifax
To learn more about Great Canadian’s support of all of their communities, please click here.
Become a PROUD Casino Nova Scotia Community Partner
To help grow our PROUD commitment, we are always looking for opportunities to work with community leaders and organizations that effect positive change, in whatever capacity would be most valuable to them. Here are some common principles and values we look for in a PROUD community partner.
- We look to support groups and organizations whose mandate is local and whose work has a direct impact on their community.
- To create healthy and active relationships in our community, we strive for partnerships rather than a sponsorship.
- We value an organization’s diversity of programs they offer in support of their community.
- We expect groups and organizations to employ sound financial practices and sustainable funding tactics.
We encourage registered charities and non-profit organizations to contact us if they feel they are consistent with these principles, but regrettably we cannot support religious, political or advocacy groups, individual fundraising pursuits, or organizations that are inconsistent with our values.
Click here to send us a donation/sponsorship request